January 14th, 2019
The dreaded cold and flu season is among us! After recovering from your cold, one of the most important steps you can take to avoid becoming reinfected is replacing your toothbrush!
Germs can linger on the bristles, and you risk prolonging your sickness by continuing to use the same toothbrush. Be smart - keep a spare, just in case!
To protect your toothbrush from bacteria all year long, consider the following tips:
- Wash your hands before and after brushing
- Allow the brush to air dry after each use, harmful bacteria dies after being exposed to oxygen
- Store the toothbrush in an upright position to allow water to drain and dry faster
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Worn bristles are less effective in properly cleaning your teeth, and can actually be damaging to teeth if used too long!
Hope this tip helps! Feel free to give us a call or ask us on Facebook if you have any questions!
September 21st, 2018
By golly, did we have a boot-stompin' fabulous time at our Texas BBQ!
Our patients make it easy to come to the office every day! As a way to thank them for making our jobs so fun and rewarding, we wanted to show them how much we really appreciated them! Team Kennell Ortho partnered with Prescott’s Farm Environmental Education Center in Laconia, to host a private Texas style BBQ on Sunday, September 16, 2018. Over 200 of our patients came out that day to enjoy some delicious BBQ food and country festival inspired activities!
Patients of all ages were able to enjoy playing lawn games like giant Jenga, corn hole, and giant ring toss! The hayrides that went around the farm gave views of the beautiful New Hampshire mountains that surround the Lakes Region.
DJ Nazzy was an awesome host that made the line dancing and pie eating contest memorable for everyone—even the parents got up to bust a move! From the food to the photo magic mirror, there was something for everyone to enjoy.
Congratulations to patient Kim R, who won a Fujifilm instant camera with a contest presented by Invisalign partner Align Technologies!
The service provided by Magic Foods Catering, from Moultonborough, only added to this spectacular event with their friendly servers and finger-lickin' Texas BBQ inspired preparations.
It was a special day to have the Kennell Orthodontics family all together to enjoy the beautiful weather and great activities. No one went home with an empty stomach!
To view the full whole album of all the awesome photos from our BBQ, click here!
September 10th, 2018
It's back to school time, and that means school sports are up and coming, and that can lead to a greater chance of your kids damaging their precious mouths and pearly whites!
If your kids play sports, it's important that you consult our office for special precautions, such as wearing a mouth guard. A protective mouth guard is advised for playing aggressive sports such as football, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, and others. Be sure, however, to avoid mouth guards that custom form to your teeth, as these will resist any tooth movements we are trying to achieve.
In case of an accident involving the face, check your mouth and the appliances immediately. If teeth are loosened or the appliances damaged, please schedule an appointment with the office. And don’t forget to ask us about how you can get a mouth guard for yourself!
Only by using a mouth guard and other forms of facial protection can kids with and without braces avoid serious sports injuries. Please give us a call if you have any questions about mouth guards or your treatment at our office.
August 13th, 2018
So we all know that school keeps getting closer and closer, but there's some fun stuff going on here at Kennell Orthodontics to make the school year fun!
Have you tried guessing the weight of our backpack yet? Stop by our office and try on the backpack for yourself! One lucky winner will get an awesome new Dell laptop in our Back to School contest! How cool would a free new laptop be for a new school year?!
The winner will be announced at our Texas BBQ on Sept. 16th!!!
August 6th, 2018
Well August is here, and that means going back to school and September are right around the corner.
Thoughts of sunscreen, swimming in the lake, and vacation is on your mind just as much as school shopping, homework, and the cool crisp air of fall are. How can you fully enjoy the few weeks remaining of summer with school and going to bed early in the near future?!
Well, my friend, here are some great tips for you to make the most of the last bit of summer weather:
- Dessert for Dinner! Check out your favorite, local ice cream parlor and see if they have any new flavors! If you’re not too hungry, share a sundae with a loved one! Load it up with all your favorite toppings that you’ve been craving all summer long (and that is safe to eat with your snazzy, new braces). When it’s too hot to cook dinner for the family, ice cream is a great problem solver!
- Campfire in the Backyard! This is a classic New England get-together (along with s'mores of course). Get some tunes going and enjoy the beautiful New Hampshire night sky with a gooey, sticky treat in hand. You can even get creative with what you put into your s'mores like, peanut butter cups, Oreos, or Nutella! Make sure you brush your teeth thoroughly after enjoying a sweet s'mores when you have braces! Try to name off some constellations or capture some fireflies and see who can get the most!
- Take a hike! We’re in one of the best states in New England to hike, swim, and surf all in the same day! With almost 50 4,000 footers in our backyard, why not check one off your list?! Going on a weekday could help you stay away from too many hikers and have the trail mostly to yourselves!
These are just a few of the many great activities that you and your family and friends can enjoy in the Granite State before the school year comes around.
Why not spend some time out in the sun and share with us how you make the most of your summer 2018!
August 1st, 2018
Hurry in for our Invisalign Promotion!
Has August got you thinking of school and homework yet? Well, to help out with some of the expenses that the school year can bring, we are offering a great deal to get your teeth sparkling for the new school year!
In honor of school starting up for the new year we are running an Invisalign promotion - SAVE $350 off the records fee!! Make an appointment for a FREE consultation to see if you are an Invisalign candidate!
Refer a friend for a chance to be entered into our referral contest!
This great deal is only available from August 1st- August 31st, 2018! Don't miss your chance!!
July 9th, 2018
Our patients are so lucky to live in one of the best states during the summer time, New Hampshire has so much to offer for families and kids alike to enjoy.
For patients near our Laconia practice here is a list of some fun activities to add to your calendar:
Here are some fun attractions for patients in the Plymouth area:
Some more ideas for our patients north of the notch in Littleton:
Check out some of these great attractions and the next time you're in our office, we'd love to hear all about it!
June 6th, 2018
Join the Kennell Orthodontics team in participating in our 2018 SPIRIT WEEK. Starting June 19th and make your way through the rest of the week, we invite you to put on a smile and dress up on our various themed days!
Tuesday: Disney’s Pixar Day (Laconia)
Wednesday: Patriotic Day (Littleton)
Thursday: Neon Day (Laconia)
Friday: Pirate Day (Laconia)
ALL patients who participate will receive a PRIZE!
April 30th, 2018
If you recognize any of these signs or concerns in your child or yourself, it might be time to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kennell. Together we can review what your options are.
- You want a beautiful smile
- You feel a great smile will improve your self-esteem and self-confidence
- You want the best for your family
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Sucking the thumb or fingers, or other oral habits
- Crowded, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or are recessed
- Speech difficulty
- Biting the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don't meet at all
- Facial imbalance or asymmetry (features out of proportion to the rest of the face)
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
- Inability to comfortably close lips