November 21st, 2019
Holidays can feel like a challenge with braces, especially if this is your first holiday season with them.
With Thanksgiving coming up next week, we made a short list of holiday food favorites that are safe for you to eat; as well as ones to avoid when you have braces.
These should be safe for you to eat with braces:
- Ham and/or Turkey
- Corn: this can be tricky, while you shouldn’t have corn on the cob, cream corn is fine
- Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Stuffing (as long as there are no nuts or crunchy foods hidden within it)
- Green beans (with the same warning to be on the look out for crunchy items in casseroles)
- Most desserts are safe as long as they aren’t too crunchy or have anything to sticky like caramel etc on them.
Here are some foods to avoid this holiday season, and the rest of the year!
- Caramel (as mentioned above)
Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving!