December 13th, 2023
The holiday season is all about spending time with family and friends, giving gifts, and of course eating plenty of food. Unfortunately not all of the foods during the holidays are braces friendly. We want to make sure you are aware because our office will be closed from Christmas until after the new year. Nobody wants to spend their holiday break with broken brackets!
Let's see what is on the Naughty and Nice lists this year!
Naughty List of Foods:
- Candy Canes are a Christmas classic, but are very hard. If you do choose to have them make sure you only lick/suck on them!
- Caramel is usually included during some holiday desserts, unfortunately it is so gooey and sticky that it will be stuck all over your braces.
- Snack Mix usually has nuts and or other hard, crunchy ingredients that you'll want to avoid.
- Popcorn is a typical holiday treat that comes in all different flavors, but the kernels will get stuck in your braces, especially the caramel corn. Steer clear even though its tempting!
Nice List of Foods:
- Pie in flavors like pumpkin, apple, cherry or any other fruit will do!
- Ice Cream is a great side to have with your pie!
- Fudge is a nice, soft dessert to have as long as it doesn't have caramel or nuts.
- Deviled Eggs are a great snack that is so easy to overeat, but were not judging!
- Veggie Platters are a healthy choice to have just make sure your carrots and crunchy vegetables are chopped up smaller before you eat them.
- Meat is usually the main course for holiday dinners, whether its turkey or ham you should be good. If you're enjoying a prime rib just make sure to cut it up into smaller pieces!
So, if you want to stay on Santa and Dr. Kennell's nice list, you will do your best to avoid naughty foods this Holiday season! It is totally fine to still indulge in some wonderful sweet treats, but don't forget to keep up with your brushing and flossing too!
We wish you a merry and bright holiday season this year from Dr. Kennell's Orthodontic Office!