October is National Orthodontic Health Month, and with Halloween on Monday, we have compiled a list of specific treats that are ok with braces. As with anything else, always in moderation and make sure to brush and floss very well after!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Kit Kats
- Plain M&M’s
- Oreo’s & Soft Cookies
- Hershey Bars & Hershey Kisses
- Candy Bars without caramel or nuts
Those will keep your braces safe, but don't forget to keep these Trick-or-treating safety guidelines in mind while you are out there filling your candy bags:
- Young children should always be accompanied by an adult
- Carry a flashlight
- Wear a light-colored or reflective costume
- Choose face paint over masks for young ghosts and goblins
- Have an adult inspect all treats before the children dig in
Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!