November 19th, 2015
Holidays can feel like a challenge with braces, especially if this is your first holiday season with them.
With Thanksgiving coming up next week we made a short list of holiday food favorites that are safe for you to eat; as well as ones to avoid when you have braces.
These should be safe for you to eat with braces:
- Ham and/or Turkey
- Corn: this can be tricky, while you shouldn’t have corn on the cob, cream corn is fine
- Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Stuffing (as long as there are no nuts or crunchy foods hidden within it)
- Green beans (with the same warning to be on the look out for crunchy items in casseroles)
- Most desserts are safe as long as they aren’t too crunchy or have anything to sticky like caramel etc on them.
Here are some foods to avoid this holiday season, and the rest of the year!
- Caramel (as mentioned above)
November 12th, 2015
Braces have come all way for both children AND adults. Ask Dr. Kennell about our Invisalign line of braces.
November 5th, 2015
At Kennell Orthodontics, we embrace new technology, whether it is through the innovative orthodontic treatments that we offer, our high-tech web site and social networks, or our modern office conveniently located in Laconia.
Beginning this January, did you know that patients at our office can receive appointment reminders through text messages and emails? Dr. Kennell knows that many patients prefer texts and emails rather than phone calls, which is why he wants to make appointment reminders convenient and fun for patients!
If you haven't already, you may sign up for this convenient service at your next appointment, or by giving our office a call.
October 31st, 2015
Kennell Orthodontics would like to wish you all a Happy Halloween! We hope it is filled with (braces friendly) treats, tricks, and lots of fun!